Saturday 19 April 2014

Very Good Friday!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here! My apologies to those of you in the rest of Canada. Clear blue skies, maybe a bit chilly, but lovely despite that. I decided to go out for a drive along the south shore. My friend Frank had the day off and came with me!

There is a route called the Lighthouse Route so I decided to follow that for a while. 
Peggy's Cove was an obvious stop. Last time I was there it was covered in ice!
This is the perfect time to do this drive-the tourists haven't started yet. I want to see most of the tourist sites before the end of May. Less crowds, and I can have a good repertoire of places to show friends when they visit! 

We stopped in Lunenburg for lunch! I had the lobster sandwich! 

I'm loving the seafood out here-possible that might grow fins! 
This is a school in Lunenburg! How spectacular is that! It's up on a hill with a commanding view of the area. 

Theodore Tugboat was at one dock further down the shore--apparently he had a tv show? 

A great way to start Easter weekend! This morning I'm off to check out the market and meet up with a friend of a friend for coffee. :)

1 comment:

  1. its a wonderful thing to be right beside the water for 3 of the seasons. Ya just need to go on vacation in the winter months... yikees

    ReplyDelete