Thursday 24 April 2014

Tide is turning

Well, I have spent a few weeks adjusting to the shocking changes in my life and now it's time to get down to business. I will still walk on the beach looking for shells a few times a week, but I suppose earning a living would be wise too!

I went down to Fisherman's Cove last week to ask about the cute little cabins they have for tourist season. It's less than a kilometre from my house.
Coffee shops, candy, gifts - lots of interesting stuff! And they are right along the shore with the fishing boats and seafood restaurants. RIGHT along the water-I saw a seal head bob up and look at me!

Anyway, I was told that there was only one cabin left and it was large. Larger than I want so I was a bit disappointed. And then I got a phone call yesterday morning saying that an absolutely perfect one is available! 11ft by 29ft. Doors at either end for access from the boardwalk or lane way. Ocean view. I have filled out the application and should know today or tomorrow!  This would be amazing! I can have a shop and use it as a classroom in the evenings to teach art. AND I can knit and look at the ocean all day. I think I may have found my happy place. Sigh. 

I was talking to a few locals who have shops there and they said in the summer whales go by as they swim into the harbour! WHALES!  I sure hope this all happens. Opening day would be June 1!

Send happy thoughts! I hope this happens!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So, excited for ya!!! Can hardly wait, to watch the developments and the variety of people you will meet. Buy a big guest book, decorated it, so people visiting can sign in from all over the world. get their email and you really can advertise this way, as you could give them a group email update on what is happening at the store in and in the water and they can tell their friends to visit.

    ReplyDelete