Saturday 3 May 2014

Reality TV?

I guess this blog is a bit like reality TV. "Watch as she starts a whole new business from scratch in one month!"

So far, it's going well. Business is registered and the ladies at the licensing office are interested in coming to my knitting night at the studio. I ordered my business cards, I'm painting the signs this weekend-I have a huge list, but it's starting to get checked off. 

This new shop has delayed my plans for a trip to Ontario in June. I am planning on popping over there after Labour Day now. I miss everybody but I will have to wait. Luckily it appears that many will be coming here over the summer! The Schmidt Haus B&B should be busy!


Right now I'm painting a sign to go under that light! I will, of course, be adding a unicorn horn somehow. I have been in contact with a metal work guy to see about having one made. My budget may not allow for it this year, but we shall see! 

I wandered along the wharf yesterday and met some of the other shop owners. I am definitely in the right place with the right people. They offered tons of very helpful information. 

I love that I live less than one kilometre from where I will be working. I have one major concern about this whole thing though. There is a candy store just down from me. I might have to rename the store next year "The Unicornopotamus."


1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are a business shop operator now, so you will be working around the lock from June to October and maybe after your season of earning your whole years salary in those few months you will be allowed to take a vacation. I am a farmers daughter, so I know the drill, sun up to sundown till the crop is in the barn.... Then you can take a vacation....lolololo all the best we love to here to surprises good or difficult.

    ReplyDelete