Tuesday 6 May 2014

And we're off!

The lease is signed! And I'm off to a good start. I'm making my way down my list very well so far. Later in the week I will post more photos as the shop starts getting set up. I have been sign painting and just have to attach the unicorn horn.
I still think the shop needs a giant horn on it-I will see what I can do that could tolerate the weather and wind. Nothing would be more sad than a broken, sad horn hanging off the store. 

I'm already planning the unicorn cupcakes and purple koolaid to serve at the grand opening!! This is like all the crazy in my head getting an opportunity to come out!  

Next, I need to make up the brochures for the classes, evening events and jewellery making for kids!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, you are on the right track. I was in the final push to the grand opening of the Michaels arts and craft store in my home town. You need those classes some what scheduled, say starting at the end of June and for sure set for the month of July. Customers need time to check their calendars, so nothing is needed the 1st two weeks of June.... as no one is ready to sign up.

    Hey, an interesting sign will have people stop and have their pictures taken in front of your store.......work that baby!!! Are you allowed to move the number 28 to over the door and have a narrow board hanging, painted with chalk board paint so that visitors and photographers can write something on the board while people sit on your bench, with your store sign ...... work it girl, work it, the guys play outside while the wife is inside shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just saw an earlier picture of the store, they did move the number and added a bench and changed the window, so anything is possible. Keep that bench cause you can make photo opt`s , which might keep the wife in the store longer...wink wink

    ReplyDelete