Monday 26 May 2014

Way overdue update!

I know I should have posted this earlier! It's been busy! 

Things are coming together nicely. My signs are up, I made crazy flower urns with unicorn horns sticking out of them for each side of the entrance-you get to see those pics on my opening day.

Lots of items are in the store! Sew Scary is all set up, Strange Day Knits is all set up. Jewellery will be set up today. 


Powertex fabric sculptures will be coming soon, and paintings are going up today!

I drove to a very cool farm today to pick up handmade soaps. Teresa Dunlop makes fabulous, fun stuff! My favourite is a jelly sops that looks and feels like jello but it lasts as long as regular soap! 


So I hung a world map up and a map of Canada. I have a big box of pins and I'm going to ask people to put a pin on the place they are from. Mostly tourists come down to the wharf, so I thought this would be fun and a good way to start talking with people-not that I have a hard time talking!

More photos will come soon! I have to remember to take lots opening day! There will be sparkly Violet cupcakes with unicorn horns!!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Did you call the local newspaper and ask them to see if they would be interested in putting a clip in the paper abou the new store opening. If you have time call them or visit, with your business card. Or better yet, write a short article , march down there with a photo of the store on a thumb drive and see if they have a free spot in the newspaper. You need advertisement, hand a paper at the local grocery store. I speak from experience with my new opening artisan village. Advance notice is the key

    ReplyDelete